Some definitions to avoid confusion
- BRUISE – A SUPERFICIAL INJURY PRODUCED BY IMPACT WITHOUT LACERATION; A CONTUSION
- CONTUSION – A BRUISE; AN INJURY OF A PART WITHOUT A BREAK IN THE SKIN
- ECCHYMOSIS – A SMALL HEMORRHAGIC SPOT, LARGER THAN A PETECHIA, IN THE SKIN OR
MUCOUS MEMBRANE FORMING A NONELEVATED, ROUNDED OR IRREGULAR, BLUE OR PURPLISH PATCH.
- HEMATOMA – A LOCALIZED COLLECTION OF BLOOD, USUALLY CLOTTED, IN AN ORGAN, SPACE, OR
TISSUE, DUE TO A BREAK IN THE WALL OF A BLOOD VESSEL.
- PETECHIA – A PINPOINT, NON-RAISED, PERFECTLY ROUND, PURPLISH RED SPOT CAUSED BY INTRADERMAL OR SUBMUCOUS HEMORRHAGE.
Ecchymosis may appear because of :
- capillary fragility
- choice of bad material ( needles not flexible and hard)
- touching the periosteum with the needle
Our recommendations for treatments
-Make with pressure a finger massage on the ecchymosis with criss cross technique in a centrifuge way
-Make up with a professional green cosmetic pen before adding skin colour make up
Such ecchymosis will not any more appear after 3 to 8 days and do not lead to social eviction with the actual make up offered on the market.
Legend : Ecchymosis Appearance 8 days after treatment : It is not a mistake in such case. That can happen to any patient.
Just inform them of this possibility and use powder make up without alcohol to not make it visible