BILATERAL LATE EDEMA
Mostly is linked to an allergy
MONOLATERAL LATE EDEMA
It cant be linked to an allergy
Most frequent cases are dued to virus ( herpes,Covid..)
Late Edema appearing 7-10 days after procedure.
Late edema ( 7-10 days after procedure)
Late edema is dued mostly to peanuts allergy.
- Frequency : Allergy to peanuts is known among 2% of Asians.
- Symptomatology : Itching as swollen treated areas may happen 7 to 10 days after the last endopeel session.
- Evolution : in general it can take 3-4 days to a max of 1 week , without treatment.
- Treatment : - Antihistaminics per os ( Corticoids IV in case of huge allergic reaction)
- Recommandations : It is better not to treat patients with antecedents of asthma,quincke edema, allergic rashes,allergy to penicillin , allergy to lidocain, food allergy .
- In case of suspicion : We recommend to make an intra dermo or IDR to the anterior face of the forearm , doing a papula with 0.1 ml of Endopeels main product (peanuts oil acid mixed with phenic acid ).Wait then 7 to 10 days. In case of redness, itching or swollen area, do not treat the patient.
with Covid19 Edema
The Covid19 Edema appeared at the beginning of the Covid19 infection, 1 month after Endopeel session on patient treated since 20 years without any problems and apparently healthy.
Such edema was resistant to corticoids as antihistaminics and disappeared in max 5 days after treatment using virostatics (Acyclovir)
With Edema linked to infraclinical herpes
A patient used to aesthetic treatments without problems since many years got edema 10 days after last endopeel session , not decreasing with antihistaminics, corticoids or their association for 2- 3 weeks .
She got fever, some itching, and felt tired.
We thought that such symptoms were linked to the Covid19 until we discovered that a herpes labialis began to appear .
The treatment with Aciclovir was effective and the edema decreased rapidly
You can see easily the herpes on the lower lip.